Sie verwendeten einen veralteten Browser. Bitte führen Sie für ein besseres Surf-Erlebnis ein Upgrade aus.
JavaScript scheint momentan in Ihren Browsereinstellungen deaktiviert zu sein.
Bitte nehmen Sie eine Änderung dieser Einstellung vor und laden Sie die Webseite neu, um deren volle Funktionalität zu ermöglichen.
Säulenbrunnen Markgrafenschloss Stadttor Evangelische Stadtkirche Schlosserhaus Altes Rathaus Rathaus Wasserrad Kriegerdenkmal Thomann-Skulptur Tourist-Information am Bahnhof

Bahnhofstraße

The market place with the Franco-Prussian War Memorial 1870-1871 built in 1897.
The market place with the Franco-Prussian War Memorial 1870-1871 built in 1897. © townarchiv

The old Freiburger Gate originally located near today’s Revenue Office (Finanzamt) marked the limits of the historical city center until it was removed in 1826. The subjects’ taxes collected by the local margraves were kept in the former Zehntscheuer (barn).

The gravesite of Cornelia Schlosser, born Goethe, is in the old cemetery used until 1884 along the cemetery wall. A few meters in front of it you can see the Franco-Prussian War Memorial (1870-1871) which used to be on the market place until 1938.